Egg Benedict With Microwaved Hollandaise Sauce

Yup, you read the title correctly. I made hollandaise sauce with my microwave. No need to slave over a water bath and fear that your sauce will curdle!

Perfect hollandaise sauce out from the microwave!
Look how perfect it came out! How did I do it? I followed a recipe on AllRecipes.com (but I used vinegar instead of lemon juice) and I must say that I'm impressed at how easy it is.

Ingredients
2 egg yolks
50g butter
1 tsp vinegar (you can use lemon juice)
salt & pepper to taste

Method
  1. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 20-30 sec. Leave the bowl to cool slightly.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
  3. Slowly pour in the melted butter into the egg yolk while continuously whisking.
  4. Add in the vinegar and whisk.
  5. Put the mixture into the microwave and heat it up for 10 sec.
  6. Take it out and whisk. 
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you get the right consistency.
  8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Now, what do you do with the whites? Cook them and eat them 'sunny side up'!

Look at my dino in action! With this ring, not only do I get a nice round shape for my egg, I also could 'steam' the top by adding water and covering the pan up.

The eventual masterpiece! I sauteed some spinach, which is at the bottom. I must say that this was so delicious that I impressed even myself!

Comments